Man in the long black coat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Man in the long black coat

Post by Valentinius on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:43 pm

Valentinius Accai, or Valentine, as he had taken to calling himself, had been very studious and riddled with absolutely monk-like self discipline for as long as he, or anybody else who had known him. could remember.This translated very well into his new life as a Shinobi fighting for the great village of Amegakure. He was unarmed, wearing his black overcoat that hid the rest of his wardrobe almost entirely, and standing out in an abandoned lot, with a cloth tied around his eyes to completely cut off his vision. From standing upright, Valentine dropped down onto his palms and his toes, steel willed to get his work out in without losing focus.The push ups were a good part of his work out regiment, but they were not the main point of this training session. 

The rain constantly striking the many hard surfaces in Amegakure maid it very hard to stay constantly vigilant, because your surroundings were constantly being blurred. There was always water in your eyes and loud tapping to drown out the sound of enemy footsteps, which were already quiet just by the nature of a shinobi's enemies. There were no people around him as of right then, but even focusing on how many push ups he could do, which would be an added distraction and something that could be used to drown out what was going around you, he would count the footsteps of all the people who went by.
Valentinius
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man in the long black coat

Post by Destructor on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:57 pm

[Oye...Ryuzaki...] it said almost lazily [What are you up to now? Going to take the life of another?] it chuckled deep within the shadows of its confines.

Ryuzaki knew better not to reply, at least not now. It had been a while he had noticed this one. Going about his daily routine and training. That was what caught his eyes, this one had an intense training regime was militant to say the least and better than his own. He knew nothing else other than where he lived and how he looked and as said before, how he trained. His ANBU mask was off and he had no weapons. After all, he did not need any. All he had on were the simple black ninja garb with his ANBU flak jacket and forehead protector that was tied to his wrist. On his feet, his toes curled in the rain as he crouched further to look at this one. Bandages ran up and disappeared in the foot of his pants. His blue hair was soaked but its spikey nature not deterred by the moisture. He did a somersault and landed right in front of the person...a boy compared to his age.

"Hi..." grinned Ryuzaki.
Destructor
Anbu
Anbu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentinius on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:08 pm

"One, two, three, four, five, six. seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, and I guess twenty since both feet hit the ground at once with the jump, unless that was two jumps instead of a somersault, in which case the answer is twenty two!!" Valentine said, feeling extra pressure to preform well now that there was finally an audience. A Shinobi had put their training above niceties, and if the man, or so he was assuming judging from the voice that greeted him, was also a ninja then he surely would understand. He was also trying to count the push ups in his head at the same time. He believed himself to be at eighteen and still feeling no sort of burn, so he pushed his hands off of the ground for only a moment and then made them meet in the middle, forming a diamond so that with each one all of his weight would be centered, making it feel like he weighed far more than he really did.
Valentinius
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructor on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:28 pm

"Impressive." he said finally noticing his blind fold. "You knew what actions I took without directly seeing me. Trademarks of a true shinobi of Amegakure. What is your name?" he asked knowing if the man spoke it would not make him tire out.

I did not realize he was blind folded until I came in front of him....hmmm. And the very patter of the rain did not fog his hearing...

If training like this continued, it wont be long before Ryuzaki would see this one rise. Something he would depend on in the future. To the ANBU...this would be a young tree that if nurtured carefully, Amegakure will pick of its fruitage as he will pick of theirs. Ears that were already in tune with the rain and to hear noises beyond it? Even if Ryuzaki had to subdue him for use in Amegakure's military, he will be placed under surveillance for the time being until his goals are clear. Ryuzaki knew what he had to do.
Destructor
Anbu
Anbu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentinius on Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:43 am

Valentine continued doing more diamond push ups and trying to slow down a little bit as well to make sure that he was getting the full effect of his upper body strength work out. So far he had counted twenty four of the diamond push ups, and planned several hundred more before this was over. "My name is Valentinius Accai, Sir! But those who know me well call me by the name Valentine, Sir! It is up to you! You flatter me by comparing me to the great Shinobi of this wonderful village that goes past the rank of Genin, but I am still at the bottom level of this! I intend to get as high level as the Amekage though! I will get that far on my own skill and hard work!" He pushed himself over to a thirtieth push up.He was starting to very much enjoy the time spent with his face near the ground because the rain was splashing up and it was so very refreshing. 
Valentinius
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructor on Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:29 am

Well that is a curious thought. Wanting to become the Amekage.

"Well I am not the "sir" type. You can call me as Ryuzaki senpai or Yakuza. Either way is fine."

With that, Ryuzaki dropped on the ground and started doing push ups too about a couple meters from where the boy was doing his routine. The ground was wet and slippery as always, a trait he himself had grown accustomed to since he was here from a boy. His muscles tensed and his arms and chest bulged under his own body weight. Water was dripping from his body but it was not sweat. He had not started to push himself yet so he did a hand stance and started to push himself from the ground in reps at a moderated pace so his body was in a vertical position. Now he was feeling it.

"Valentine..." he said calmly. "Continue pushing yourself like...this, as I have observed you...for the past week have been doing, and I will be your sensei. There is...alot you can learn from me."

He looked across at Valentine who was continuing as he was without let up. This is the kind of shinobi he wanted under his wing. He hoped he shared his sentiments that they must do whatever is necessary to rid the world of evil and bullies and those who prey on the weak. They must become hunters and slay those who are like that.

Never again...never again shall I allow anyone to be oppressed.
Destructor
Anbu
Anbu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentinius on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:09 am

"Yes, Ryuzaki senpai!" Valentine shouted with enthusiasm, feeling a high from his thirty fifth push up. It was no big deal usually, but every extension of his arms felt like it was more impressive and had way more meaning behind it since he lately started doing diamond push ups. They were truly the exercise of a warrior, of a soldier, of a man who was built do defend his cause with nobility and grace! The tips of his pointers and thumbs meeting was something that given a thousand years he still may have no explanation for. In the simplest possible words it was divine to still see that ground moving towards and away from him at such a good pace. It was steady, no sign of jumps or drops from his fatigue. Because he did feel plenty of fatigue already. Becoming the leader of this great nation was not something he was going to accomplish by being born powerful. It was something that he was going to have to work for; it was something he was going to have to fight for with every ounce of will power in his body.

"I know not what you can teach me," he said through shamefully labored breathes and pants he wished were not happening, "But anything that you can show me, any power you can lend me, any skills that you can pass on to me in the name of keeping this wonderland safe, know that I am willing to do whatever it takes! Know that the devotion that has just drove me to my forty fifth push up will be the same devotion to lead me to learn everything you can teach me!" Valentine became even more thankful for his blindfold, because now it hid the tears that he could keep from his voice but could not fight from his eyes. He grew up with his only recognition being in the form of being allowed to sleep, but now somebody was here with an offer of a better future and a leg up to his dream. "And Ryuzaki sense!" he said with a poorly concealed grin, "I am guessing from your breathing that you have done eleven push ups since you dropped to the ground!"
Valentinius
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructor on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:49 am

The hell? This one's ears is better than I even imagined. Kukukuku. Yes, I have found something interesting here indeed.

"Oh?" asked Ryuzaki. "You knew that by the sound of my body alone. In time you will see that being observant is like...a gift..huff...one that would....huff...keep you alive."

I wonder if he will have the same sharpness against a kunai if I throw it at him. Or a bone bullet shot at him. Better not push it, especially not at this distance. Don't want a dead Gennin on my hands. But soon I will have to push him and see just how much his body can really take.

Ryuzaki was certain. He will continue to observe Valentine without him knowing, a skill as an ANBU he had perfected and will sooner or later teach Valentine himself. Ryuzaki also knew of the responsibility of being a sensei. It meant he had to protect him and of course teach the boy how to protect himself. Other sensei would beat their students to a pulp just to show them the power gap between them but that was not his way. He would persuade the boy to work even harder and push himself through even the worst of training Ryuzaki had to offer.

Just go at a pace with him and see who tires first. That should be the first test...God alone knows the boy likes to punish himself...kukuku

Anbu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentinius on Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:47 pm

Valentine continued, counting his own diamond push ups to the number of sixty three, and was feeling a little bit tired, but had no interest on giving up while he was still in only the double digits. His goal was the quadruple, and if today he had to stop in the triple then he would forgive himself as long as he was out here the next day pushing for a thousand. so the sixty four he was at now was not going to be able to cut it. The evening before he had only pushed himself to one hundred twenty six push ups and he was still getting over that humiliation. He felt himself slowing and on the inside started to panic, losing count of his sensei's push ups, but deciding that it was more important to control his own body, mind, and soul than it was to try to analyse the one next to his own. As he hit sixty six he thought that maybe as punishment and as a way to rest one arm that he could start doing one handed or even two finger push ups, but around sixty eight he reminded himself that changing up what you were doing mid session so often could prevent you from properly working anything but your fat off, and the build up of mental and physical endurance was the obvious goal here. He wanted some way to punish himself without taking a break or putting undue stress on his body; he needed an unpleasant way to help himself improve. 

Though he could not see it, he knew that below his face, between his touching fingers, was a puddle forming from the dirty run off of the town and the evaporated filth of the entire nation, and that a quick drink could keep him from getting out of breath. The horrible taste of ground sitting rain water would also encourage him to not so easily succumb to his human flaws. To be a Shinobi was to outgrow those things, and to ascend to a higher state of being. He was going to have to make all of the things that made him a normal person a painful experience, to break himself of these odd behaviors, he started to think to himself. They were, after all, very destructive to the society that he had come to so easily adore and seamlessly adhere to. He dipped his face down low, and licked up the water off of the ground, doing this again and again and again with each dip of his face. he was moving faster, losing focus on fatigue while having no issue focusing on the sound of water or his sensei, though he had lost count of the other man's push ups, and keeping track of what he was doing. By the eightieth push up he was back into his original rhythm, and maybe he was even close to surpassing it!

"I am told that I am blessed ,sensei, that I am blessed by my skills and by my senses, but neither of these are true. I am blessed by my birth. I am blessed to have a city worth fighting for! I am blessed to have a family who taught me the value of this life! All I ask of you is that you help me put my skills to work!" he shouted, maybe a bit too boldly. As he hit his ninety eighth push up and his nineteenth lick of water he was starting to wonder how safe that was. Well, if it were to kill him then he would hardly have any place among the great shinobi of Amegakure no Sato, so he would let his own personal powers that may be decide his fate, as he always did. He found fighting for his life to be silly and prideful when there were greater forces that could decide that no matter what he thought. His life had value only in how he could use it for the greater good.
Valentinius
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructor on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:20 pm

When people speak like that, it could mean only one thing. They are inexperienced and because of that it has brought about their naivety. Hmph, no need to worry...he will break out of it in time.

"I will help you...you can be sure of that. But...ugh..in time...you will learn that alot of 'blessed'...people...umph...wind up dead because they are too naive to...understand that this world is a nasty place." said Ryuzaki as he increased his pace a bit. "As ninja, we dont have such....luxuries...as normal people. The luxury of letting your guard down...and thinking...ugh...that the world is all sunshine and rainbows."

Ryuzaki hoped he was not some sort of boy scout because breaking him into the true life of a shinobi. The life that once you started, it will change you weather you want it to or not. Then again...he was not sure about the boy's way of upbringing. He spoke well as if he was brought up an aristocrat and not like Ryuzaki who grew up among the common folk. He did give him credit for drinking the water in such a manner but would rather he never do it in front anyone else. It was unsightly to see a shinobi drink from such putrid water. But they were training and he brushed it off. In time, things will be proven and lines will be crossed...in time.

Anbu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentinius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:04 am

Valentine was silent for a moment, hearing, but having troubles really listening to what his new mentor was trying to tell him. He had lived an especially pampered life, and was therefore had issues believing that the world could be that much of a challenge.He was now reaching push up number one hundred six and intended to continue as far as he could. After a moment of thought and reaching push up number one hundred eleven he turned his head a little bit and said, "Actually, sensei, I have never seen a sunny day or a complete rainbow. I spend most of my time inside and it is almost always raining here, but do not worry, Sensei, I do understand what it is that you are saying. Make no mistake about how I am going to adjust. I grew up with luxury, and was never truly happy. Only the pain and suffering of a Shinobi life style can fulfill me!" By the end of that he was at push up number one hundred and nineteen. Talking to his sensei was becoming little more than something taking up extra breath. He refused to wheeze, huff, or puff, but was feeling a burning in his lungs.
Valentinius
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructor on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:59 pm

His words made Ryuzaki stop his exercise and and stand on his two feet again. This boy had never really left Amegakure. He had never seen the joys of having the clouds recede and usher in a new light straight from the sky. When would this one truly see the grey being pushed back and the white clouds and blue skies take its place? It was also ironic that he would say that. Because it was not hard to see that the life this boy has as a nobleman, he wanted out and he was willing to push back the grey clouds and let the light shine through. How far was he willing to go?

"Are you truly ready to push back the grey clouds of Ame even if just a little while in your life?" he asked as he cracked his back, shoulders and arms and loosened them up after his exercises.

He stood there silently looking at Valentine with a little hope. Depending on his answer would determine if Ryuzaki would take him as a student at all or not. He did not only want someone who was willing to work hard but also to push through whatever darkness they may have in their heart for the good of this village and ultimately for themselves.

Anbu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentinius on Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:45 am

Valentine was slightly caught off guard by the question, but he decided he could tackle it given a moment to think through what was being asked of him.He wanted to be the Amekage, and rule over Amegakure no Sato. But he also had a shocking lack of loyalty to his nation. He was a man of his faith first and a man of his nation second, this was going to be the first time he ever admitted that, so he continued to work out in silence until he hit one hundred thirty push ups. He pushed up for a one hundred thirty first then pulled his hands apart, breaking the diamond, formed fists before he got back down, and punched the hard ground as hard as he could, pushing himself back up to his feet, or that was his plan anyway.He got up to about a forty five degree angle with the ground then arched his back, a less elegant version of his plan but he was vertical again so all was good.

"If it comes down to it, I could leave and never come back, if it meant getting closer to what I have to be," he said in a deeply somber voice. He meant what he had to say, but it hurt him to say it, especially to a man whose life was dedicated to defending the place. "My place is on this planet, so I will be willing to go to any corner of it if I am needed there."
Valentinius
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Destructor on Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:36 am

And it was right there and then, Ryuzaki saw darkness within this one. His eyes squinted at the thought of it. Here was a sheltered young man who some how finally had the guts to tell his family 'no that is enough', 'ive had it with all your pampering.' He is now out in the world by himself. Ryuzaki was not sure if he already left home entirely independent but he felt a seed planted within this one. Would he really leave the village for his own goals? Ryuzaki smiled at the thought. He smiled because he was going to help him any way. Regardless of what his plans were.

"Oh I see." said the ANBU officer calmly. "We all have our own paths Valentine, that is certain from King to pauper. My path is the protection of this village...and helping you reach your goal." he was genuine about what he was saying. He wanted to help him but..."But...I am also an ANBU hunter. One who will do everything in his power to bring wrong doers to justice. So if you attack this village in the future, I will kill you." he said in a serious tone. "Leave to forge your own path and leave Amegakure no sato be and I assure you I will turn a blind eye...agreed?"

Was he making a mistake here? How did he know that valentine would not become even more powerful than he was and kill him instead? Could he really trust him with this? It was a choice he already made, there was no changing valentine's mind. It was something he had to do for himself eventually, to find his own self. And that was what Ryuzaki was willing to help him do.

Anbu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top