Looking for Perspective

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking for Perspective

Post by Valentinius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:51 pm

The pious and studious nature of Valentinius Accai made him often feel worked into the ground, but tonight he felt revived. He had spent the day running laps from sun rise to just a few hours before the sun set. The evening was spent on studying up on the theory and practice of martial techniques and arts. Martial Arts were something that all shinobi believed that they knew in a deep and intimate way just because they were able to demonstrate extremes in physical might or even cause illusions or craft reality itself, but there was in no way the full image of martial arts. Martial arts were the study of war, so Valentine spent several hours a day studying conquests in theory and in historical practice. Every soldier had to live their life as i they may have to make the decisions of the general any day, because in war anything could happen without baffling a well trained warrior, and the Shinobi warrior in particular had to constantly view all other factions as currently attacking them. It was the sad life he had been prepared for, but he openly loved it.

Valentine was walking down the street, shielded from the downpour by his long, blue coat, but refusing to protect anything from the neck up as so that he could best display his headband showing the insignia of the Village Hidden in the Rain. Amegakure no Sato's vertical lines were more than ever a mark of pride for him. The steel glistened. which he hoped would take some attention away from his weighed down hair. He had very fair hair, so he never had to experience the worst of hair in humidity, but he was still bothered by that unprofessional look. He was wondering the streets in hopes of bumping into another Amegakure no Sato ninja, hopefully one who outranked him by a lot. He had questions and a powerful hunger driving him to find some way to help the nation in some way behind his basic missions. Even if what he was told was just to keep training so that he could be of use some other day, or if he could be used as a messenger in a place that was unwelcoming to their nationality saying as how he was not yet very important. Since a young age he had been prepared to throw his life on the line for the fate of the village and for that of the great country in which it can be found.

The streets were relatively empty, only merchants and people who very much had a place to go were to be seen. This was the truth very often in Amegakure no Sato. The merchants came prepared enough to set up awnings and enormous umbrellas. Valentine assumed that other Shinobi would be out and about at all times here since there were less pedestrians. The streets in the land of rain belonged to the hardy. 

Post Info:
Word Count: 494
Valentinius
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for Perspective

Post by Baiko Akumu on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:02 pm

Baiko walked through the village, his black cloak shielding all but his eyes. Anyone who saw those eyes knew that it was the Amekage who traveled before them. Behind him was his beloved Asura who wore a similar cloak, choosing instead to keep the cloak down and carry an umbrella with her. "You choose the most random of things Asura. You would rather have that cumbersome umbrella than to keep the cloak up. That thing is waterproof you know." He sighed, knowing that he would never get through to her. 

Asura giggled as her long brown hair was on display for all to see. Her emerald eyes shown before her. "I do what I want and you have no control over what I do." She stuck her tongue out at him as she giggled again, knowing that everyone was watching.

Baiko merely shook his head as he glared around. "You are lucky I care deeply for you or I would cut that tongue from your head." He sighed as she giggled again. "You really are cumbersome." He shook his head as he accidentally bumped against someone with quite a bit of force. He looked at the cretin and sighed, knowing it would be a longer day still.
Baiko Akumu
kage
kage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentinius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:24 pm

Valentine was sent to the ground by the force of his Kage but immediately put one of his feet back to catch himself, landing strategically in a bow. He was on one knee, with one hand behind his lower back and the other pressed up against his heart.He knew that this was not the bow that most people would expect in this region, but it was surely a sign of respect that would not be too hard to recognize. "Hello, lord Amekage, sir!" he shouted, obviously a little nervous to have actually run into his Kage, or really more have been run into. He was usually fare too observant for anything like that to happen."I am honored to have run into you here! I-I was actually looking for a Shinobi of rank, and well- you are the highest ranked here, so could I ask if you have anything I could do?"

Post Info:
Word Count: 153
Valentinius
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baiko Akumu on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:32 pm

He noticed the headband as the kid spoke. "Well well. It would seem I've gotten you a play mate Asura." He chuckled slightly. "What do you know of me and Asura, child? What have they taught you in the academy?" He stretched as he sighed.

Asura stretched and giggled, ready for whatever Baiko asked her to do. She smiled sweetly, making sure that the child knew it wouldn't be complete torture.
Baiko Akumu
kage
kage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentinius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:00 pm

Valentine remembered rumors that the Amekage was something of a cruel man, so he straightened himself back up, making a point of not looking weak or feeble. Respectful was good, but a Shinobi was not meant to be a brown noser or a starstruck child. When the Amekage's partner, Asura, was mentioned Valentine's attention went over to her for a moment. Both of them had absolutely stunning eyes, but he would not allow himself to let his mind wonder on how pretty a couple of powerful people were, especially not the male, he was not the type of person to allow himself to have thoughts like those. Those thoughts were for the weak.

A chill went down his spine when he decided to make eye contact with the Amekage to answer his question, but he did not let his face show how turned his stomach was by the sight. He told the authority figure standing before him, "We learned that the Amekage is the shinobi who rules supreme as the greatest warrior, leader, general, and public figure in all of the Land of Rain! We learned that you specifically are a great Ninjutsu and Medical Ninjutsu user who is infamous, er famous, for being willing to do absolutely whatever is necessary! As for Asura," he said, glancing back over at her nervously, feeling slightly reassured by her seemingly nice nature, "I know only the name, and this is the first time I have ever seen her!" 
Post Info:
Word Count: 246
Valentinius
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baiko Akumu on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:34 pm

He chuckled as he listened to the child. "Is that all they are teaching kids these days? Let me teach you something. I was a resident of Konoha, a respected man. After the First Hokage died, I left the village, feeling that his brother was not a good kage. He was too bias and too one sided. I may be cruel, but I do what must be done. I will do what must be done to protect my people, but I know when to not make enemies within my own village. I took over Amegakure to spread my ideals. I may not be the nicest person in the world, but I will do what is needed to protect my people, slaughtering any and all who get in my way." He chuckled again. "One thing they may not teach you. I am immortal. I have lived 170 yrs and I will not be struck down easily." He smiled. "As for Asura, she is my beloved wife, one is has stuck by me through thick and thin." He glared towards the kid. "Tell me, what is your ninja way?"
Baiko Akumu
kage
kage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentinius on Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:27 am

A nearly super human confidence filled the boy as he looked dead in the eyes of the Amekage once more, but not feeling any fear or even any respect for him this time. His blue eyes suddenly burnt, as if they were made of thin ice with a powerful flame burning just behind them, ready to burn through red and gold at any moment, and his upper lip pulled back a little. This was the look that one would shoot a rival. He was irritated that the man felt the need to call himself immortal, comparing himself to the all mighty, and he also very firmly believed that any man who felt the need to show off his strength to a child was a weak man at heart. Upon being asked the question of what his Ninja way, his nindo, the path he was going to be on all of his life, he pulled back his hand and then pointed at the so called immortal. "My Ninja Way, my nindo, is one of nonstop self improvement until the day that I meet my creator! My goal is to be the vessel for something greater than myself by so much, something so pure, and as a part of reaching that one day I will probably have to take your job! And I plan to get there without the use of dark arts like elemental manipulation or curses!" The usually humble child suddenly felt absolutely lit from within. He did not yet know if he liked this Konohagakure no Sato born Amekage, but he did know that he was not going to conceal or abandon his morality in the mean time.
Post Info:
Word Count: 279
Valentinius
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baiko Akumu on Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:29 am

He started to chuckle as it progressed to full out laughter. "Kid, you've got a fire in you. One I've not seen in a shinobi in a very long time. Nurture it and you will go far. Now, why did your eyes burn with a rage when I said immortal?" He smirked as he put his hand on the kid's shoulder. "Your eyes always give away your emotions. Be careful and don't let them get out of hand." He wanted for the answer to his question as Asura merely giggled the entire time.
Baiko Akumu
kage
kage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentinius on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:29 am

Valentine held the eye contact, refusing to back down now that he had made himself noticed. He did not much care for this man laughing at him. He pointed up at the sky now, shouting at the both of them, "There is only one immortality, and to maintain that it must exist beyond this world! The only way we can get close to him is to admit that we are of this world without allowing ourselves to be a part of it! Comparing yourself to the creator by claiming that your longevity, almost definitely inspired by some dark art, is true immortality, is to spit in his eye!" He then pulled his hand down and pointed to his chest with his thumb. "And I am dedicating my Shinobi career to representing his will on Earth!" When he was speaking of the creator he felt that he was with him, and he felt like a thousand demonic Amekages would not be enough to intimate him.
Post Info:
Word Count: 164
Valentinius
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baiko Akumu on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:30 pm

He began chuckling, slowly growing into full on laughter. "You pathetic fool. It was the Shinigami himself that gave me this. To oppose me is to oppose the death god himself. I like your spirit however. Be careful who you talk to with that attitude. If you weren't my shinobi, you'd be dead. I can fill this village with wraiths and skeletons and barely use an ounce of chakra. You won't win that fight. Now, I want you to be ready, because if you don't train, I'll make sure to demote you back to the academy." He smirked, knowing that it would rile him to get better and better.
Baiko Akumu
kage
kage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentinius on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:46 pm

Valentine laughed back confidently, "Ah, ye who reeks in this life the benefits of the false god, how ready you are to threaten those who seek something higher! I of course, do not hold it against you." At that moment something clicked in the young boy's head that would leave him changed in a way that could never be undone by any amount of therapy, Genjutsu mind washing, or even death itself. Maybe the creator would one day need somebody who could combat the other messenger's in his name. It would be something he would never be able to stop thinking about, even if he head was crushed he would be tormented by it in the afterlife. "A wraith," he said cooly and with great confidence, "has no place in the presence of angels." The young boy glanced at the ground for a moment to regroup, trying to think of what he would say to the creator if this demon really did kill him, and what he caught was his reflection, altered by his increasingly shaky state of mind. Even if for no more than a moment, he saw himself with four golden wings and a glorious halo. The life of the boy had been one of nonstop studying, working out, weapons training, religious study, and then repeating it after only a few hours of sleep. He did not have the times he needed as a child for fiction, and now he was starting to live in that necessary fiction. When he looked back up into the eyes of the far superior Shinobi he had an odd look in his eyes, the type of look that a person uses when they are looking at an individual who they consider to be subhuman, but he was still smiling. It was the grin of a child burning ants, but was for some reason on the face of the ant. "And one day," he said in a delicate whisper, as if he was afraid the beauty of the thought my escape him if he gave it too much space to move around, "the whole world will see how small Chakra really is in the presence of the soul!" The wicked grin on his face widened and one of his hands even began to move slowly into his coat like he was going to attack the large man, but a sharp pain went off in his head, probably from the sleep deprivation caused by his militant training style, and when he looked back up all of the cruelty, arrogance, and hunger was gone, replaced only by the same nervousness and humility as before, in no way lessened or increased. Though he remembered what he had said, it was like his personality and disposition did not care that it had been said. "But if you do not have any work for me, lord Amekage sama, I do have things I can work on myself to improve my skills!"
Valentinius
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baiko Akumu on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:17 pm

He began to raise his fists, ready to kill the young genin. "Seems you might have a bit of a death wish. I'm happy to oblige." He went to reach into his cloak, grabbing some blood chalk and a kunai. Asura noticed this and quickly stopped him. She held down his arm as she looked into his eyes. "Fine." He pulled out a piece of red chalk. "Eat this now if you wish to get strong." He glared towards the young shinobi.
Baiko Akumu
kage
kage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentinius on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:38 pm

Valentine was very suspicious, and rightfully so, but he was confident in his own ability to keep himself pure. His greatest fear was that this chalk would make him more powerful like the man said, because Valentine was afraid that he was going to become like this abhorrent abomination. He slowly took it from the man's hand, nearly afraid to make physical contact with him. He closed his eyes and said, "Bless us, O Lord, and these gifts, which we are about to receive, from your bounty, through Christ our lord, Amen." He felt horrible calling this thing a gift or referring to it as a bounty, but alas he had to do this, especially with something so dangerous. He put the chalk into his left hand so that he could use his right to cross himself. He believed firmly in the stories of the creator saving those who had been bit by snakes, so he was going to protect himself from this most vile of poisons he was surely about to digest.

He popped it into his mouth and quickly swallowed, not taking any time to chew, having not wanted to break it up in fear that some poison may have been released if he had. The pain was immediate as it was intense, but he did not buckle. As hard as it made him want to curl up into fetal position, he forced himself to stand taller. The agony was real, and a single tear dripped down from his left eye. He responded by immediately wiping it away in fear of seeming weak in front of this anti-Christ, but continued the full body shaking. He could not hide that, so he now shook and cried from the aggravation and the self loathing that began to fill his head. He opened his mouth and fought back the urge to cuss, not knowing that it actually could relieve some of his suffering but knowing he wanted so bad to blaspheme and to be horribly profane. For a moment he bit his tongue, but he feared that if he tried to bite his tongue the pain would pressure him to bite straight through it and end his life from the blood loss, so he opened up and allowed what would come out to come out. It began as the scream of a child, then as the shout of a man, and then the pain honed him to the roar of a lion. His legs spaced out a little bit, bending at the knees, but his back stayed straight, his chest even puffing out at the Amekage in defiance. his hands were at chest level and balled up into fists, facing towards himself. When the pain finally passed, he coughed, wiped his face with his arm, and glared with the eyes of a beast at the still obviously superior Shinobi. "Thank you," he said, starting to smile a little again in spite of the hoarse quality of his voice, "because suffering for my beliefs truly does make me stronger!"
Valentinius
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baiko Akumu on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:01 pm

Baiko grabbed his throat with his left hand while the pain fills Valentine. "While the pain fills you and makes you unable to react to me, I will end this quickly." He smirked as he looked over to Asura who is making hand signs. She performed the hidden mist jutsu, surrounding the entire area in a dense fog. "I will make you suffer for this. Meiton: Kyūketsukō" He chuckled as the physical and spiritual enegies made their way out of Valentine's body and into Baiko's.  "I will drain the entirety of your chakra, and use it to kill you." He chuckled as he watched the strength drain from his victim's body. "My god will enjoy your soul." He made sure that his grip was tight, making sure that no matter what Valentine tried, he would be unable to escape. Even if he attempted, it would end badly for him.

Jutsu used:

Name: Meiton: Kyūketsukō (Dark Release: Inhaling Maw)
Nature: Ninjutsu
Element: Meiton
Description: He uses the dark element chakra to forcibly extract the physical and spiritual energy of another ninja and absorb it through the upper square of the mark on his left hand or mouth. It appears that he is able to completely remove the victim's chakra, potentially causing death. After using this ability, Baiko is able to detect their natural elemental affinity, and then manipulate the victim's chakra and release through his ninjutsu.  After using this ability, Baiko is able to detect their natural elemental affinity, and then freely manipulate the victim's chakra. He then uses the chakra in his Meiton techniques. He is able to absorb from up to twenty meters away.
Baiko Akumu
kage
kage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baiko Akumu on Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:19 am

He sighed as he knew the boy was dead. "Not enough suffering for him." He stopped using the jutsu and began to jump through the mist, carrying the body with him. He was closely followed by Asura. They made their way to a special storage facility where a man was waiting. "Cleanse this body of flesh. I want it to be nothing but bone." The man nodded, taking the body from Baiko. "Let's go Asura." He and Asura made their way to the Kage's office.

[Exit]
Baiko Akumu
kage
kage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top